Sunday, January 24, 2016

STUFF, STUFF, STUFF!

I knew I had a lot of stuff, but I seem hardly to have made a dent in it all after four days of packing.  The bookcases in my office/studio are empty of books except for the photo albums.  I will store them in a plastic container in order to keep them dry.

And yesterday, I braved the TWO fifty gallon storage containers full of fabric, determined to condense them into only one.  I succeeded with room to spare by setting aside fabric for Meredith and a roll of remnants to make dolls of every skin color for Paris Freeman of the quilt guild.  The guild will get a ton of what's left after my new doll artist friend, Juanelle Marshall chooses what she wants tomorrow afternoon.

About four days ago, I received a note from Juanelle, telling me she had seen my doll the Spanish Dancer in a recent Art Doll Quarterly.  She said she loved my technique and would I be willing to teach a class.  (of course!)  Juanelle also said she belonged to a recently disbanded doll club. (after years of looking, now I learn there actually WAS one ) and would I be interested joining and help to breath new life into the group.  Sure, I would, though I don't know how much life I could actually breath into a group of already creative women.

So.  I'll continue packing to the point of leaving just enough to eat and sleep here until I actually vacate the house.  That will be a huge adjustment after having an entire house to fill with all my artsy-crafty stuff.

Which reminds me, I MUST get cracking on Stella if I'm to have her photographed and to ADQ before the 15th of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment