Tuesday, January 19, 2016

NEW YEAR, NEW LIFE STYLE

The new year has brought a very big shift in my life.  I shall soon be going to live with my son and daughter-in-law.  This is a move they have wanted for several years - and which I have resisted - but this year (I pray) will benefit all of us.  DIL has MS as well as severe pulmonary problems.  Son has a hard time cooking, cleaning, maintaining the yard and holding down a full time job.  They need help and despite my age and the attendant aches and pains, I'm in better health than they are.

I will no doubt continue to make dolls, but at a slower pace.  I can't remember a time when I wasn't creating something, no matter how childish or unrecognizable.  The following has become my mantra:  "I will make things until I can't make things any more.  This is what I do.  This is who I am.  I make things".              

No comments:

Post a Comment