Monday, August 10, 2015

HAVE I REACHED MY LIMIT?

"I am dying - just as I am about to learn the alphabet of my profession."
                                                                                         Michaelangelo

I don't know if he actually said it, but I can certainly understand how he must have felt if he did.  Dispair, panic perhaps, when you realize your eye sight is fading or your hands no longer have the strength or reach or sensitivity they once had.  When you can't recall things you KNOW you know.  People laugh and call such episodes "senior moments"   But they can't see the fear you feel when those "moments" seem all too frequent.

I suppose the above has been brought on by the difficulty I'm having with my current doll.  Her face has been particularly frustrating.  I'm trying for the narrower face and slim, straight nose and cinnamon skin of  North Africa.  Arab, perhaps.

 What I do know is that I've chosen a warm, butterscotch yellow for her gown.  I want to applique large embroidered flowers from hem to over one shoulder.  Several flowers at the shoulder will be stiffened with a backing of some sort to form a large semi-ruffle.  Hopefully, it will be very dramatic.
The flowers I'm using are decoration cut from sheer curtain samples.  The colors run from a pale cream to a soft sienna and from a pale yellow to a faded lime green.  Fusing sheer fabrics together will be a new challenge.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment