Saturday, August 29, 2015

GOT TO LISTEN TO MY GUT --

I KNEW her head was too big.  But I kept working on it.  I painted her face and hair pattern.  I'd put glue on her neck and before it could dry, pulled her head off the neck.  There are times I simply don't listen to my gut - the voice in my head - whatever.

SO.  since I have no smaller egg gourds than the one that now resides in the "spare parts" box, I've cut down a small foam egg and covered it with clay.  Maybe it will be dry tomorrow.  I really hate using the soft white foam because it simply can't stand up to the man handling I tend to give it.

I will eventually get this new head finished - or make yet another if necessary.  Of all the dolls I've made, I've given up on only one and she could still be salvaged.  She is the victim of my inability to think far enough ahead - like I had to cut off both of her hands at the wrist because they were molded to her hips which left no way to get her slacks on.  Chalk it up to just one more "self-taught" lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment