Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Dolls are Done. Long Live the Dolls.

Both Flynn and the Spanish Dancer were photographed yesterday.  They are my response to the  last two ADQ challenges - mostly because both were already made.   I've decided I must ignore future challenges, no matter how they tempt me because years of newspaper and television work have shaped my automatic response to the word "deadline";  that is to shut out all other distractions until the job is complete no later than the deadline date.

The photographer for these last two dolls is a young man I met Thanksgiving at my grand daughters' house.  He showed me some of his work and I was quite impressed.  I asked if he would photograph my dolls and he was eager to do so.   For FREE!  So I fed him lunch and made him a batch of cookies.   Now, I'm waiting for the proofs - or whatever they're called.  One of the dolls must be in CA no later than the 15th - which is coming up fast.  The second doll isn't due in CA until  the 15th of  June.  If I'm really strong, it will be August before I make another doll.  


No comments:

Post a Comment