Thursday, March 19, 2015

Promise to Myself

I promised myself I'd devote the summer to garden and home improvement - but that doesn't stop the "doll dreams" from popping into my thoughts and demanding action.  Any kind of action.  So I gave myself permission to put the idea on paper, even pull fabric, put it in a shoe box, label it and shelve it.  If I am very, very diciplined, I will have a half dozen dolls at least, waiting to be made by August/September.

Of course, the holidays seem always to blindside me - I'm never fully prepared for the baking and shopping and spur of the moment crafts.  And I always get a kick out of showing my little artist friend Jacob how to do something new.  I think this year, we'll try decoupage.  It's just messy enough that he should love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment