Monday, August 25, 2014

She's Finished - and so am I.

The queen of the Fairies had her photo shoot this afternoon after weeks of panicy preparations.  I do believe this is the first doll I've ever pulled an all-nighter for and I was still tweaking her look minutes before the photographer arrived.   She is lovely, though.  To my child's eye, she is the queen of Nordic fairies because of her very fair complexion, palest blond hair and blue eyes.   And she is tiny; the grasses and flowers tower over her.

I on the other hand, sit amidst the shambles of my office/studio - the battle zone between my imagination and my physical skills - or lack thereof.  The desk and floor are littered with the bits and pieces of bad judgement, bad cuts, wrong colors, wrong fabrics, hair I've pulled out and fingernails I've torn off.   It will probably take a week to get it all cleaned up, sorted and put back where it belongs.

Then I start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment