Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Getting Organized - Again

I should probably strike the word "organized" from my vocabulary, because I doubt that I ever will be.  Cleaning up the aftermath of three dolls on two deadlines has presented its own problems, namely, storage.  Finished dolls are a particular problem because they must be protected from dust with large gift basket bags and  stored where the curious won't have easy access.

Fabric storage has become a problem as well.  My primary fabric storage unit is a 45 gallon plastic container  that now weighs upwards of 50 pounds.  The only place it can be stored where it's out of the way but accessible, is under my desk.   But, being a three-sided desk, there is also room (more or less) for eight copy paper boxes, four sweater boxes, one large dress box, a case of copy paper, a rectangular trash can, my Mom's old sewing box and a paper shredder.   Two arms of the top of this monster desk are covered with computer stuff, the third arm is a dedicated work surface.  Which is rarely clear of a project or two.

The rest of the room is just as bad.  It shows signs that I've tried to maintain some form of organization - but haven't quite made the mark.

Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment