Monday, March 3, 2014

Revision A

Was doing a little casual research yesterday and latched on to some fantastic shots of the Carnival in Rio.  I considered some of the female costumes – then considered the sketch I’d made for a dolls Mardi Gras costume and decided I am definetley too TOO old fashioned and square!   Today, bling has been the thing almost the entire day.
Of course, designing a costume is loads of fun and the sky’s the limit.  Then you have to translate all that fun stuff into patterns and decide on the methods(s) you will use to make it happen.   This is where the fun starts to fade away for me, because I’m not always the master of my sewing machine.   At a certain point – usually when I’m near tears and using unlady-like language – I phone my sister and beg her to please grab her fancy sewing machine and drive the 500 miles or so to Jacksonville to save my project.
She doesn’t always drop everything and jump in her car, but she does let me vent, then usually offers a solution.  Don’t know what I’d do without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment