Tuesday, September 13, 2016

PAPER DOLLS -- FOR GROWN-UPS

The idea is floating around Doll Works members.  I think it would be a fun project, especially if we sewed the dolls costume instead of making paper clothes with tabs to hold them in place.  Of course, a sewn costume would require a sturdier doll - perhaps the paper doll mounted on luaun - perhaps show both front and back.  After all if the costume is to be sewn, why not make it complete?

Meanwhile, I'm waiting to receive the pattern for next month's project - my first fabric doll since my poor Christmas doll made of cast off body parts.  I'll start the new doll right away - that is if I can find a good flesh color fabric.  I think my theme will be the 1920's, via some glamorous draped gown with all the beads and feathers.  I need to find the nearest Hobby Lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment