Saturday, October 10, 2015

THE DEED IS DONE!

My grand daughter told me that from now on, she would introduce me to her friends as "the surgeon".  I suppose that's better than "the butcher"!

Be that as it may, the Spanish dancers' legs are gone and - so far - replaced from hip to knee.  But she got her revenge!  Since I find it impossible to wear a dust/particle mask, my glasses AND safety glasses all at the same time, I went without the safety glasses while sawing off her clay legs and am paying dearly for my negligence.  My eye lids and  tear ducts are so itchy I feel like ripping them off.  Suffice it to say, my eyelids are so red and swollen, I look like I've been on a month long bender.  OTC drops and baby oil help, but doubt they will be a cure.

SO.  while senorita's clay thighs were drying, I cut out a pair of Teddy Bears.  One will be for my grand daughter's significant other who has a huge collection of stuffed animals.   Teddy is a light brown, will have a shock of curley red hair and  - If I can make a decent pair - flip flops.  I worried about a colorful tee shirt for him until I saw some really loud toddlers' socks at Publix. BINGO!

I also have a hat box I'm going to refurbish for my grand daughter.  She makes costumes for all sorts of events, and I know she has a hat or two that could use some protection from their five cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment