Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I LIVE IN A MAD HOUSE!!

I have an unfinished project in every room, including the kitchen at the moment, where the second batch of plum pudding is slowly steaming in the oven.  For another 2 hours and 40 minutes.  Plum pudding HAS to be a labor of love because no sane woman would make it.  If it turns out to be edible (think fruit cake without nuts) I may make take a loaf and some rum sauce to the quilters' Christmas dinner.   So, if I can get my trashed kitchen back in working order by - say midnight? I plan on making a double batch of Thai Pumpkin soup tomorrow morning.  I'll freeze a quart or two for those chilly days when I need to warm up from the inside.

Meanwhile, in my office/studio, Spanish Dancer rests gently on her head, her new hips and legs exposed to the air so that she will be dry enough for gesso and paint soon.  And on the dining room
table, a two pound block of fondant, dowels, big plastic straws and several sketches of a dragon's head.  My friend Mary and I have for the past three years, entered the Jacksonville Historical Society's  Gingerbread Extravaganza.  This year, we're making Puff the Magic Dragon's Magical Christmas.   We're limited to a 30" square of space and 85% of the building materials must be edible - discounting the 30" by 30" by 1/2" plywood base.   This can be a real challenge if you're building something higher than six inches.  So since Puff's body is gingerbread, and his neck and head will be made of fondant (my job) I must keep that piece as light as possible while incorporating a means of attachment in addition to his fondant "skin".

And unfinished teddy bears languish on the coffee table in the living room.  My problem there is that any time I sit down, I'll fall asleep.  Progress on the teddy bears is v-e-r-y slow.















No comments:

Post a Comment