Friday, June 19, 2015

DOLL COLLECTING, THE BUSINESS OF

About this time last year, my sister attended the doll and teddy bear show in Asheville, NC.  While there, she purchased a year's subscription for me to Haute Doll and DOLL, a two for one show special.  They're great magazines and I love all the great costumes, the dramatic photos, even the paper dolls and patterns for clothes.  But for all their glamour, the dolls themselves turn me off because of their visible "poseable" joints.  So I was delighted to find a 100% silicone, fully poseable, 16" Janette Lamont doll in the current issue of Haute Doll.  She had not one visible joint although she did have an unnatural hank of hair which seems to be common among the doll makers.

A second silicone skin doll by Phicen was even more flexible with beautifully articulated facial features, and natural looking hair.  Her wrist joints are visible but are nothing more than a seam line.  Comparing her two photos, I'm guessing her fingers have a full range of individual motion.   The only drawback with these dolls is that their soft skin makes them more difficult to dress than their hard skinned cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment