Sunday, June 28, 2015

A DOLL DONATION

I watch very little television and when I do actually sit down to watch a show or news, it's on a PBS channel.  This has been true for years as television fare seemed to become more inane and more violent..  And then there was Comcast, whose "lineup" skillfully kicked the good and useful channels from the group one could afford.  The Public Broadcasting Stations, on the other hand, operate mostly on donations from the viewers.  Their auctions of donated goods and services are quite profitable and I always felt guilty that I couldn't afford to make a donation.  But now I can.

When I contacted the local PBS station (via their email) I got an almost immediate reply with a request for my phone number.  Almost minutes after I emailed my phone number, I received a call from a person who accepted and organized auction donations.  She assured me they would love to have a doll to auction, but felt their November auction would be the best time to auction a doll since it was so close to Christmas.  I wasn't aware the station held more than one auction and quickly agreed that a doll would surely bring a higher bid at Christmas time.

Then I started to consider which dolls I would willingly part with.  I love my two Gypsies but they could possibly fetch a very good price if offered as a pair.  The Bride doll would probably go easily as would the Mardi Gras and perhaps the Falconer.  I couldn't see the Circus even being considered.
The large dolls, Fairy Queen, Witch and Masquerade, should bring at least 25% more than the smaller ones.  So here I am, trying to think for the judges.  Not good

Instead, I must check each doll for any needed repairs, find their back stories - I hope I still have them on file, and make a "birth certificate" for each doll, all before November.


No comments:

Post a Comment