Wednesday, April 22, 2015

She's a Winner!

Of the two dolls I took to Houston last fall, the one entered in the Gypsy Challenge took a Judges' Choice award.  The theme of the challenge was Mardi Gras and as usual, the winners are featured in the Art Doll Quarterly, which thrills me to pieces..

The second doll I took to Houston was my  grand daughter's D&D figure, Flynn Hollysharp.  Our participation in the "In Celebration of The Doll", was by invitation only - which is why we were in Houston in the first place.  And while Flynn didn't win anything, she was accepted for publication in ADQ's Super Hero challenge.  A fitting place indeed, for Flynn.  We will see her in the fall issue of Art Doll Quarterly.

Meanwhile, my Geeky Grand Daughter is mucking out all the thousands of duplicates and just plain trash from my computer.  A two day job at least.  I take  LOT of in-progress photos.  They're my way of stepping back to check proportion or balance, etc with a new eye.  Many of them could be deleted as well, but I can do that another time, one project at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment