Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Gingerbread Extravaganza!

December 1, 2014

Both gingerbread projects have been delivered - always a tense moment since the house is large and weighs close to 40 pounds.  The house was last years' project and though it didn't win any prizes, it was very popular so we were asked to protect it and return it to show again.

The drama (and trauma!) began when Mary and I were moving said house from my closet to the dining table.  Half way across the living room, my foot got tangled in the plastic cover and I went down - hard - on top of the gingerbread house.   It is a tribute to our construction methods that I sustained more damage than the house.  The scratches on my face are almost gone as are the bruises on my wrist although the impact spot is still qtuite sore.  The house lost a single, small gumdrop which the dog probably got because I can't find it.

As for this years' project, we made it quick and simple - a snowman, a fire hydrant and a wire haired terrier. The title is "Decisions, Decisions".

Tomorrow night is the reception for the artists and sponsors and awards.  From December 3 through 23, visitors will be able to bid on the pieces offered for sale.  Can you imagine how thrilled the children would be to see a gingerbread house on the mantel or in the center of the dining table?

No comments:

Post a Comment