Saturday, July 26, 2014

It Happens Every Time It never fails

. . . . . . every time I get in a hurry, I screw up.  TWICE, yesterday.   I'm just glad I had enough fabric (barely!!) to cut new pieces.  If these don't fit, I'm gonna be up the creek BIGTIME!!

I couldn't buy more fabric because nearly all of the fabric I have was given to me by two friends who were both professional seamstresses.  I was thrilled to get their scraps and leftovers.  Most pieces were more than adequate for a doll costume.   And some exquisitely beautiful pieces must have surely cost someone a month's wages for a single yard.

And leftovers from my days at Michael's made a pair of beautiful fairy wings.  Like most crafters, I hang on to anything that might be just the thing I need, in the future.  Consequently, because of the boxes of 'stuff', there is barely leg room under my big, U shaped desk.                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment