Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Facing my Fears

---- fear of FABRIC,  Not ALL fabrics, just the ones I'm sent for the Gypsy competition or a piece I just barely have enough of to make what I want.  I love fabrics.  They can stop me in my tracks, make me salivate, do an instant project in my head.  I has to be a good thing I can't afford to buy all the lovely cloth that catches my imagination, for I would surely be homeless and starving!

All this to say I cut into the fabric yesterday, to begin making the Mardi Gras costume, a tiny Bikini bottom.  I'm trying to keep meticulous notes this time because pattern making is still difficult for me.  Not because I won't dive into the job with both feet, but because I don't know enough about pattern making.  Cut and Paste works here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment