Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Fan Club

I doubt I could ask for a more enthusiastic 'fan club' than my sisters.  Sister Marilyn attended a big doll show in Asheville and collected a card from every exhibitor, a schedule of classes, two doll magazines, PLUS a subscription to each at a two-for-one show special.  I got the magazines and cards today and I'm wallowing in a flood of creativity.  I doubt I'll ever be as skilled as these artists - but then, I don't use molds or jointed limbs.  And it will be a major miracle should I ever become a skilled seamstress!!

Sister Judy runs out and buys any Art Doll Quarterly my work appears in, then takes it to her sewing and fiber arts clubs to show around.  She also keeps an eye open for fabrics and other goodies I could use for doll costumes.  Best find so far, was two tanned nutria hydes purchased at a yard sale.  One was used to trim a medieval mans' short coat.  The doll now looks like the royalty I meant him to be.

Both of these women are wizards with a sewing machine (I am NOT) and when we get together we are a creative force to be reckoned with.



No comments:

Post a Comment