Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A slow start . . .

I think I'll have to wait until after the scar tissue is removed from my left eye to do some really fine sanding.  (I've been assured my vision will improve immediately).  My efforts to put a super-smooth finish on a doll that will be showing a lot of 'skin', have been frustratingly slow.

So, like any good doll maker, I have more than one project going at a time, and just moved on to the next one in line.  There are, in fact, several more in line.  Some are no more than a quick sketch on a sheet of scrap paper, maybe with a few notes, and a couple have been started - a head or torso sculpted, or the fabrics and trims pulled.  Some times, even the gourds I plan to use are tossed into the work basket.  By the time I'm ready to start actual work on the doll the basket contains every thing I'll need except the clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment