Saturday, September 26, 2015

I NEED A SOCIAL LIFE

I really do.  Question is: am I up to it?  Mentally, yes, but the old bod has limitations, as does the old pocketbook.  So I've decided to join the Piece Makers quilting group.  They're creative and the dues are reasonable.  I can always just not show up if things get too "political".

And I've put in an application with Michael's for "seasonal" employment.  Another situation where I'm going to learn (if hired) just what my body can handle.  It's been sedentary for far too long!

And, of all things! I offered to read my own story Peggin" to the kids at Wolfson Children's Hospital.  It's very short, about how a skinny fifth grader out smarted the school bully.  I'm scheduled for Jan 19 from ten-thirty to eleven-thirty.  Provided they feel the story is acceptable.  I sent the entire 12 pages for their review but they may find it hard to read (aside from the 30 year old ink jet printing) because the story took place in the Bahamas and the dialog is in Bahamian dialect.  If they decide against it, I'll be fine with their decision.

SO.  I've obligated myself to do these things and now must put my money where my big mouth is.

No comments:

Post a Comment